Before you begin any of these processes, you should consider the following:
• What resources do you have now at the local and regional levels?
• Do I have support from the agencies that will be served by this team?
• How will this team be coordinated and managed?
• How will I fund the start up costs?
• What time line has been established to implement this type of project?
We can help you with any or all of these important questions. Please contact us today to help you begin this worthy project and to create a successful and well trained team.
This class (12 hours) is the minimum required training to become an active member of any Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) Team or Peer Support Team. Topics include: Defining and understanding critical incidents Critical Incident Stress, Emergency First Responder accumulative stress, Emergency Responder PTSD, Mind-Body effects from critical incidents, effective triage and proper application of CISM interventions (1:1 Interventions, Defusing, Debriefings, etc.) appropriate interfacing and working with professional mental health resources, teaching/role modeling CISM responder wellness/balance. This class is multi-media and a heavy emphasis on practical skill building.
Dates: Tuesday September 19th, 2017, 8AM-2PM. and Wednesday September 20th, 2017, 8AM-2PM
Location: Corning City School District, 165 Charles Street, Conference Room A/B, Painted Post, NY 14870 (Lunch to be provided both days)
Cost: $175 per seat; Certificates of Completion and an elegant CISM pin will be provided.
Download the Brochure and Registration Form
This course (12 hour) requires the student to successfully complete the BASIC CISM class prior to enrollment. Topics to include: In-depth look at Human Stress reactions, in-depth PTSD awareness, CISM team management& wellness, preserving the CISM responder, trouble shooting complex CISM interventions, CISM: Disasters and Terrorism responses and latest CISM intervention updates and research results. Dates: TBD (Currently looking for host sites!) Location: TBD.
Cost: $185 per student. Certificates of Completion will be provided.
These seminars are ideal for:
• All Emergency Responders
(EMS, Fire, Law Enforcement)
• Fire/EMS/L/E Chaplains
• Fire Safety Officers
• Public Safety Dispatchers
• ED staff, Nurses, etc
• EAP Providers
• Mental Health Professionals
• Crisis Response Teams
• Great CISM Refresher class!
- All training is presented in a multimedia format including video, lecture and significant practical skill sessions.
- CISM Perspectives is a member of the ICISF and a Fellow of the American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress
- CISM Perspectives brings to all instruction 25+ years in EMS, Fire, Law Enforcement CISM programs, training and consulting
Each class requires full payment and pre-registration. A registration form is attached to this course announcement for your convenience. For further details, maps/directions or any other questions, please contact: CISM Perspectives Inc. at 585-739-9011, or at email@example.com
Thank you and we truly look forward to meeting you at one or both of these powerful and educational seminars!